Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

2010 has come and gone, and we are happy to start a new year!!! All three kiddos are playing basketball this year. Jada and Jennika are playing competitively through AYBA, while Jordan is in his first year at Upward. The girls started last Saturday. Both of their teams lost, but my girls both played very good! Jordan's first game will be this Saturday. He's not as much into basketball as he is into football, but he still loves it and is excited to play! I have never known a four-year-old who gets excited about the college BCS national championship football game, but, this past Monday, he couldn't wait to get home to watch the game and pull for the Oregon Ducks (even though his daddy was pulling for Auburn)! It is very cute to see the passion he has for football...hoping he keeps it up! Jada is growing up WAY too fast. She still has an imagination that is out of this world, and I will often find pieces of paper laying around with song lyrics that she has written. She gets better and better at basketball everytime she plays. She's the tallest girl on her team and is becomming a true post player (taking after her momma)!!! Jennika Ann is the best player on her team. She is a tall one too, but she knows how to handle the ball, so she can play inside or bring the ball down the court. She is dedicated to getting better and gets upset when practice is cancelled. I am coaching basketball at my middle school (and helping with Jen's team), and Randy is gearing up for another season of indoor track. I have decided that this year I will try to focus on what we DO have and not on what we DON'T. I am trying to wake up each day with gratitude for all of my blessings. Here are some of the things I am thankful for: my family, our health, our home, our jobs, big brown eyes, summer vacation, sports, warm beds on cold nights, recipes that turn out tasting good (I am not much of a cook), laughter, friends, treadmills, Facebook, cell phones, good books, music, hugs from my babies, relaxing after work, snow days, and so much more. WE ARE BLESSED!!! I hope everyone has an awesome 2011...I plan to!!!

No comments: